Friday 1 January 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016 #Live #Love #Life

HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone!!!!! (pic me doing the running man and singing Happy New Year in the Sprout birthday song tune, I really am that silly :D) I can hardly believe it’s been two years since I have posted. Ok, ok, ok for all you who are counting, it’s been two years and eight months (covers face)

Being a single-mom is time-consuming work, I do have support but the fact of the matter is that I am the one that really does it all. You parents out there know what I mean – pick-up, drop-offs, making breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks for school, extra-curricular activities, housework, housework and more darn housework, uuuugh.  Shoot I’m getting tired just thinking of them.  My lack of postings was not due to lack of ideas, just plain tired and lack of time (my aim is to do better).

The past two years have seen me swamped with the responsibility of motherhood, adjusting to a new job and just being consumed with day to day activities. In the latter part of 2014 I made the decision to focus on enjoying life rather than just existing to do chores and let life past me by.  It was not enough to just work, work, work – at motherhood, at my job and at household chores.  I found that I was unfulfilled and I realised I was stuck in a rut and would wake up one day to an adult child and a life that had happened to me instead of me making it happen.  Don’t get me wrong – I didn’t drop my responsibilities and take off on a romp around the world (grins) but I did, put things into perspective.  So 2015 was a year of living life and enjoying it.   We had weekend trips with family, friends and just did enjoyable things together – the highlight of which I can say was travelling for the first time.  Yeah, yeah, yeah I know I am a bit late but that did not make it any less enjoyable (hehehehe).  We had a fantastic time and my baby is still talking about it :)(#Lioncountrysafari #disneysmagickingdom and #shopping were just some of the highlights) the re-connections and the new connections were icing on the cake.  I have also managed to come to terms that the world will not stop spinning on its axes if I take some much needed time for myself, and I do mean MYSELF. 

Since our last chat, my almost two year old has become all of four years of age and have started school (sobs as the time flies).  He is a very active, vocal and highly opinionated individual, who thinks the world revolves around him, as it rightly does.  As with most if all not all children this age he is stubborn, does not listen (I swear his ears are only ornaments), talks incessantly and is the most loving person ever.  When I am busy there can be moments of frustration but I have to admit he is the highlight of my days.  I live for the moments when he just comes up and gives me a hug and a kiss and says “mommy I love you so much”.  Every night without fail I sit at the edge of his bed when he is sleeping and look at this wonderful child who has blessed my life.  I feel overwhelming happiness that he is here, some guilt for getting mad at what I deem to be naughtiness, some sadness that it is all happening so fast - right before my eyes, but most of all gratitude that this is my life and I am making the best of it.


The phrase YOLO (You Live Only Once) has been taken by some to do reckless, mischievous and downright negative things.  For me it means making the most of this life we have been given, loving each other, being good to each other, having a heart of gratitude for each day we are presented with and essentially living each day like it is our last and we will never have another opportunity to make today possible.  

Until next time xoxo (nuh badda look suh man, it won’t be annoda two years), LOL.

PS: My wish for you in this New Year is to grab life by the arms and take it for a twirl, have fun, love yourself and others and take each day as the gift that it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment