Wednesday 30 May 2012

We Survived!

OK, OK, OK,not we.  I survived *grin*. I didn't think I was gonna make it.  When I decided for LJ to stay with my parents and sis for the night it seemed a good idea at the time.  However, by the time Saturday came around (I might add, much quicker than the norm) it wasn't feeling like such a wise idea.

When I dropped my pooh bear off on my way to work I was filled with trepidation.  Not because I was worried he wouldn't be treated well, my parents absolutely dote on him.  I guess it's just my motherly instincts in not wanting to leave him with anyone.  All the way to work I kept wondering if I was a bad mom for planning to leave him for the night.  Was it too soon and was he too young to be without his mommy.  To make matters worst I left work much later than planned and it was his bedtime and he was cranky so I did not go in to see him.  I am sure if I did, he would've gotten miserable and I would've taken him home.  So homeward bound I went without seeing him that night.  I felt very sad indeed.

After what proved to be as restless a night as I anticipated, I woke at 5 am.  OMG! this lil' boy has me brainwashed, I have no business getting up that early.  Anyway I did some chores before I went to pick him up.  He looked fine and most of all veeeery happy.  My heart almost burst from joy.  I got a good report from Grandma - he ate and loooved grown up food, he chased the dog all over the house and overall a fun time was had by all (me, not so much) *smile*.

So! will he be going to spend more nights and eventually weekends with Grammy and the family? suuuuuuure.  Will it be right now? Noooooo:) however, it is reassuring to know that you can count on the love and support of family.  KNOWing they will care for and love the most precious person/thing in your life.  It is also nice to get some alone time to do whatever you want, even if you don't make the most of it.  Best of all, my pooh bear is back home with his mommy where he belongs xoxo



PS:  It's been 2 weeks since he's had the breast, so I deem his weaning a success. :) Yay!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment