Saturday 25 August 2012

Diaper Doodie (Ooops) Duty

Am I alone or does a baby seem to be an endless poop factory?  Uuuuuugh.  Dang!  So you may be thinking to yourself, "How old is her child?"  Answer: 11 months.  You may then ask "Why isn't she over this by now?"  Answer:  I have not a darn clue.  Fact is, I asked myself those same questions a few days ago, hence this blog.  As a mother of an 11 month old I have no idea why the thought of a dirty diaper still fills me with dread and make me gag (not only dads feel this way).  When changing a dirty diaper I'm like an Indy 500 driver making a pit stop.  I go in, get the job done and is out of there faster than a speeding bullet.

All this has led me to consider potty training him.  I already know pretty much when he wants to poop.  However, as I sit here, I'm weighing the pros and the cons.  Pro (potty training) - there will be no smelly diaper pail to be emptied ever so often.  Con - I still have to clean him and now clean a messy potty (OMG!!! I feel a gag coming on).  Pro (diapers) - after cleaning baby, everything else gets tossed (no after cleaning of equipment).  Con - smelly diapers stinking up the place.  Where do these options lead me? Hmmmn .... getting my baby genius to clean himself and flush the the toilet or getting a potty that can flush (*slap* wake up girlie and smell the coffee, oops I mean potty).

I read a tweet from Discovery-Health that babies cab be taught sign language very early and let you know when they wanna go potty.  While this should be most helpful with potty training, I'm still not sure when to start.  Do I start now and still have to clean him and potty too?  Or do I wait until he can use a toilet?  Aah the decisions moms must make. 

Oh well ... smell ya' later :) xoxo

http://www.buzzle.com/img/articleImages/403618-18014-3.jpg
 

No comments:

Post a Comment