Wednesday 22 August 2012

Procastination leads to ......procrastination

Yet again I have been missing in action. *Sigh* all due to procrastination.  Does anyone remember the old adage "do not put off until tomorrow what you can do today."  When will I learn.  Due to my constant procrastination I missed several weeks of blogging.  I had a move and due to a misunderstanding I was without cable and Internet for two weeks and now my lappy has a bottom screen *sigh*  Enough about my misfortunes.

Who of you out there has tried moving with a baby.  OMG! not an easy task.  Not sure about you guys, but I absolutely abhor moving.  I hate the packing (deciding what to keep and what to trash). It is much worst with a baby.  After a full week of work and coming home to pack every evening after work ... D-day has finally come.  Not only do you have to think of the things you will be using first, you have to think of the things the baby will need.  On this occasion the new place was so crammed,  we had to spend the first night at Grandma.

Here comes the baby drama.  My now on-a-routine waking only once a night baby, has been totally thrown off by this upheaval.  The new environment has sent him back to his old ways of waking several times per night (exhaustion overload for mommy).  Also, lack of cable to occupy him when me/his sitter is busy, has led him to be underfoot.  He refuses to stay in his crib without cartoons to occupy him and has found his voice (screaming at an UN-Godly pitch) when alone.  I guess being out of his comfort zone and off his routine will do that.  After all he was only 10 months.  Poor baby doesn't understand all these changes.

On the upside, the cable and Internet services are now up and running.  However, lil' man has adjusted to not having TV as his comfort and so it has lost some of its appeal.  He is still interested in his cartoons, but only selected ones :s .  He is much more interested in exploring his new space (with new hazards) and his hobby of running down (crawling swiftly) mommy.  I swear he seems to have gotten twice as clingy since the move.  As soon as I leave a room he is in, I find him at my feet with his arms around my legs/outstretched.  I have also been trying to get him back on course for his night's rest.  As it is now, he wakes crying for me several times.  I have been trying to ignore these (once I'm satisfied that he's not hungry) and allowing him to fall back asleep on his own.  So far UNSUCCESSFUL (tired, wild-eyed mommy).  It has been slow going but I will continue to try as I hunt the illusive full-nights sleep.

Until we meet again. xoxo.

http://www.scottsdalemomsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/tired-mom-needs-more-energy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment